Sunday, March 25, 2012

Kenny Rogers, anyone?



I probably couldn't have chosen a less appropriate song for a post about a wedding and seeing my fella, but here we are. You may rest easy knowing that it was chosen solely for its genre and legacy and not because I too, am dating a war-torn soldier threatening to shoot me should I venture to turn tricks whilst still engaged.

Moving on..

I traveled south this weekend for an old friend's wedding, which happened to be conveniently located just a few blocks from a particularly handsome fellow I know. As such, it goes without saying that in the course of the last 72 hours I have managed to thoroughly enjoy myself; familiar faces, libations, and great music make for a decidedly good trip, it seems. 

The video above is an excerpt from my ride back home, today. Specifically, it's the perfect rhythm and pitch version of my loud, off-key, making-up-some-of-the-words-as-I-go-along attempt so many fortunate drivers were privy to this afternoon... Luckily?, I hail from an area where the affinity for noisy trucks is somehow made less annoying by the actual purchase of one and where more folks then otherwise both know who Kenny Rogers is as well as the song in question, so I'm sure few people judged harshly or more likely never even heard the horror sounding fluidly from my open windows. Alright, I think I've sufficiently convinced myself... ANYWAY- Maybe it was the music or the landscape or the plethora of florals and the chambray that put the thought in my head, but in any case I can't help but notice that I seemingly paid homage to my roots all weekend long...    

BEW

A casual spring wedding:
This is before I realized how wrinkled my skirt was from packing..
skirt c/o ASOS, tank c/o Old Navy,
samurai belt c/o Local Boutique, crazy hair c/o Humidity/Bad Luck 



Making sure the wrinkles are consistent...?
Closer view of one of my seven pair of green shoes, amongst other things..
bag Melie Bianco c/o LuLu's, shoes BCBG c/o thrift shop
opal ring Family Heirloom c/o my momma

For dinner and drinks:
"Ah, yes. Just what I though I'd find- shoes."
shirt c/o Old Navy, skirt c/o Urban Outfitters
sandals Chinese Laundry s/h DSW


No comments:

Post a Comment